-If I was a fish I would drown.-

Thursday, September 29, 2005

How real...

I feel dead. Devt. studies and maths tests took all of my energy. The school is changing into an amazingly artifical and fake place. The Queen of Norway is coming together with about a hundred of other guests and our school is fighting for a good impression. Everything is being polished and we are even getting some kind of color codes for the security guards to recognize where is who. This sounds perhpas normal, since it is the Queen coming, but ... Tonight, after dinner there's a cleaning time of the rooms :-) those of you who have experienced a college life at RCNUWC, understand how impossible this mission is :-) But we will see... ;-)
I guess I should say something more about my gap year plans - I have been accepted to a project called "live with everyone, live with yourself" in Pori, Finland. I will be leading a anti-racism programme and tolerance activities in a youth centre and schools in the surroundings. I am also going to work with the immigrant children (perhaps English and maths tutorials, although I am not that sure about my maths any more, after Fred's opportunity to improve our predicted:-)). I will be staying for approximately seven months. Starting in September 2006. I am exploiting my Finnish roomie by forcing her to teach me her mother tongue (which btw makes absolutely no sense! :-)) and so far it has been going very slow and I cannot really say much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Veruska said...

of course you can...

3:11 pm

 
Blogger Veruska said...

Hi Keff, as far as I know, my English is not that good. I am sorry, but I can't really allow comments for non-bloggers. This webpage has this undercontrol for me... I am just using a service someone has created out there for all the lazy anti-computer people like me :-) But thanks for the lesson anyway... :-) Looking forward to hearing from my Czech with British accent soon ;-)

1:11 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home