-If I was a fish I would drown.-

Friday, January 13, 2006

Double-me

Interesting week.Won't go into details too much. It's kinda funny to attempt to have a bilingual blog.
I don't write about the same things. Actually quite the opposite.
But why is that? Am I schizophrenic (God knows, how that's spelled)?
Hopefully not.
Maybe I do have two "selves". My UWC self and my Czech self. And I cannot say the same things to everyone, because they would be very hard to understand if the person hasn't gone through the same environment. I do talk about UWC to Czech people quite a bit. Afterall, it's a major part of my year I spent here at the end of the world. But I somehow choose.. I choose what can be interesting. However, I do not pick specific things to make this place more popular. I also mention personal stuff. But in a different way then I would to UWC people. My personal feelings are often connected to people at the college. And since folks here have a bit of a different mentality, it doesn't make any sense to go into detail. Because this place is so damn special, the way things work, I believe are unique to the UWC movement. Hard to describe. Again, another obstacle. Hard to identify, yet it exists. this kind of UWC spirit, trust, respect, honesty... lack of make-up :-) no that was just a joke :-) But actually quite an important one. I think that if some of my friends came to see UWC they would think that the people don't take a good care of themselves. Well, let's be frank, it's hard to look pretty after having slept three hours a night for about a week. One is glad to manage to open his eyes :-)
But I feel the same towards my UWC folks too. There are things that seem alien and weird to them.
It's almost like two different cultures.
Basically(a good indicator of the fact that what I have just expressed in the previous paragraphs can be easily summarized into the following sentence) it's just the fear of not being understood, that keeps me from picking what to write in different languages.
But there is something universal.
My privacy. Consisting of my feelings, experiences, emotions, dreams, falls...
I have my own privacy in both of my homes - Chotebor and Flekke. And there is one group of people I share my privacy with, in Norwegian they are called VENNER (oops, another language), in Czech we call them KAMARADI (sounds like comrades, huh? :-))and English uses the word friends. My friends are what matters. To them, I say the things that matter. And I don't have to worry about picking. Those people may not understand some parts of my background, but they know me good enough to stay behind me and support me. I trust my friends. I love them. No matter where they are and what they have done. I love them for what they mean to me. Not for what other people perceive as good.


"Every breath is like the one before... "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home